Friday, April 3, 2009

simulated teaching pt.1

Simulated teaching is the scariest moment in the whole program that I’ve experienced so far. First of all, it is because we are being evaluated and GRADED. Yes, Grading made it so scary. We are so tensed to do our best and not to screwed up because we don’t want our carried mark low. Apart from that, simulated teaching will test our confidence and how we perform in front of other people. I, as a person who is not good in standing in front of people and talk, do feel the pressures, every bit of it. The uneasiness will make me forget everything that I had planned beforehand.

Anyway, for this course’s simulated teaching, I chose “The Ring Doesn’t Fit” by Tan Kee Aun as the topic of teaching. The set induction is very important in a lesson because it is where teacher should attract students’ interest to the lesson. I showed a song clip that related to the theme of the story, wedding. Later I asked few question related to wedding itself. Although the song was in Japanese, it comes together with English subtitle. I do think it is appropriate to show the clip to the class because the students still able to understand what the song about when they read the subtitle. Reading subtitle in our daily life is normal because when watching TV or go to cinema, subtitles are provided. Before I ended the set induction, I told the class that I’ll teach a play that related to the clip that I showed earlier.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! i do agree with you Topek..Simulated Teaching is the scariest part in every semester. furthermore, we have three subjects which require us to do simulated teaching..

    ReplyDelete